There are so many ways to celebrate your anniversary. It can be hard to come up with the perfect way to mark the occasion. You want something that will be meaningful for both of you, but also memorable and fun! We’ve rounded up some great ideas that will help make planning this special day easier:
Plan a trip.
Getting away from the normal grind is one of the best ways to celebrate a special occasion. If you have always wanted to go somewhere, or if there is a place you’ve never been before, plan a trip! The best part? You can celebrate your anniversary while celebrating with your partner.
If you are planning on going away, be sure to check out the travel blogs for the area you’ll visit. They’re full of great tips and tricks, as well as fun ideas for your trip.
Write a love letter.
A love letter is an act of devotion and care, and it’s the perfect way to express how much you love your partner. It can be difficult to write letters when you’re in a relationship with someone who isn’t as good at expressing their feelings as you are (but we have some tips for that later). If you’ve been together for a while, though, this kind of exercise can be very rewarding for both of you.
Here are some tips on how to write an anniversary letter:
- Tell them why they mean so much to you — include all of the reasons why they’re special and important in your life.
- Share what makes them so special; maybe it’s their sense of humor or generosity or kindness? Whatever it is, let them know!
- Tell them what qualities about themselves make each day better than before because they came into your life (and there will always be more days ahead).
Have a picnic.
One of the best ways to celebrate your anniversary is with a picnic. Picnics are inexpensive, fun and romantic. If you have enough time and money, you can even go on an overnight camping trip that includes all three elements of nature, food and sleep!
Do something adventurous.
Whether you’re a thrill-seeker, an adventure-lover, or just want to do something different for your anniversary, there’s no better way to celebrate than by doing something adventurous.
- Go hiking—Hiking is a great way to connect with each other and spend time outdoors. It can also be a challenge that brings the two of you closer together as you take on new challenges together.
- Go camping—Nothing says “I love you” like spending some time in the great outdoors! Camping offers an opportunity for both of you to experience something new (and share some laughs).
- Zip lining—If zip lining isn’t on your bucket list yet, it should be! Zip lining is fun and exhilarating while also providing excellent opportunities for bonding while being off the ground.
- White water rafting—White water rafting offers up thrills galore with its fast moving rapids, small waterfalls and raging rivers. You’ll laugh at each other’s antics as you navigate through this exciting activity that will have both of your hearts racing by the end of it all!
Go to a concert.
Going to a concert is one of the best ways to celebrate your anniversary. The right venue can make or break your experience, though. Find out what’s available in your area and choose an option that allows you to enjoy yourselves while listening to music that is meaningful and enjoyable for both of you.
Choosing the right music can help create memories together as well.
Give each other thoughtful gifts.
You want to make sure that you are giving your partner a thoughtful gift, and not just something they can use.
- If they like to cook and you know they’ve been wanting a new knife set, get them one!
- Perhaps they are a coffee lover, if so get them some delicious coffee!
- If they like to read and you know their favorite book is on sale, buy it for them.
The best gift for your partner is something that shows how much you know about them and how much you care.
Go on a road trip.
Perhaps take a road trip through all of those gorgeous state parks on your way out west! It doesn’t matter how far or where exactly you go—just make sure it’s somewhere new and exciting that will be fun for both of you. This is also a great opportunity to spend some quality time together as a couple.
Take the time to make the day special for you and your partner
We’ve all heard that you should spend time with your partner, but it’s worth repeating: the best way to celebrate your anniversary is by taking the time to make it special for both of you. This includes doing things together on a regular basis (like dinner or going out), but what really matters is being able to communicate with each other.
Sharing your thoughts and feelings may be harder than it sounds, but being able to do so will help strengthen your relationship as well as deepen your understanding of one another. Your partner might need certain things from you that they aren’t comfortable asking for outright—and if they don’t ask for them, how can you know what they want? In return, let them know what makes YOU happy!
In addition, take into consideration any needs that might arise from day-to-day life (or other relationships). It’s easy for these little things tend overshadow our important milestones like anniversaries; however when we’re busy taking care of everyone else around us, it becomes easy for our partner’s needs to get overlooked. This is why it’s great to spend a special day together and reconnect.
The best way to celebrate your anniversary is to do something that you both enjoy. If you want to take the time to make it special and memorable, then plan a trip or write some love letters. It can be as simple as planning an afternoon picnic or going on a road trip together. Whatever you decide, remember that celebrating this day is important because it shows how much love there is between two people who have been together for so long!