Figuring out the best gift to give your loved ones on their wedding anniversary can be tough. Particularly if you don’t know what the appropriate gift is supposed to be.
- Do you go with something traditional?
- Something modern?
- Something unique to the couple?
If you’re stuck on what to get your spouse for your upcoming 46th wedding anniversary, have no fear!
We’ve got you covered with the best gift ideas, no matter your budget.
Traditional 46th Wedding Anniversary Gifts
There is no traditional gift theme associated with the 46th wedding anniversary. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t find a creative and thoughtful gift that your spouse is sure to love. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- A personalized scrapbook filled with photos and memories from your years together
- A romantic getaway to a nearby bed and breakfast
- A framed print of your wedding vows
- A set of gold-plated champagne flutes to commemorate the occasion
Modern 46th Wedding Anniversary Gifts
The modern gift theme for the 46th anniversary is original poetry tribute. What better way to show your spouse how much you love them than by writing them a heartfelt poem?
If poetry isn’t really your thing, don’t worry – there are plenty of other ways to incorporate this theme into your anniversary present.
For example, you could:
- Write a love letter expressing your deepest thoughts and feelings
- Compile a photo album or scrapbook filled with poems and quotes about love
- Frame a print of an original love poem that you wrote just for them
- Get a custom-made piece of jewelry with a secret message inscribed that only the two of you will understand
Gemstone Wedding Anniversary Gifts
Although there is no traditional or modern gemstone associated with the 46th anniversary, that doesn’t mean you can’t give your spouse a beautiful and unique piece of jewelry as a gift. Here are some great jewelry gift ideas for your 46th anniversary:
- A diamond tennis bracelet
- A pair of emerald earrings
- A sapphire pendant necklace
- A ruby ring
As you can see, there are plenty of great gift ideas for your upcoming 46th wedding anniversary, no matter your budget. So get creative, put some thought into it, and most importantly – have fun! After all, it’s not every day that you get to celebrate 46 years of marriage!
The 46 year Anniversary Facts and Figures
On the 46th anniversary of your marriage you would have been married for
- 16,790 days or
- 402,960 hours or
- 24,177,600 minutes which is over
- 1,450 million seconds!
During this time you would have shared, on average, over 125,900 hours of snuggle time (sleeping!) or about 14 years, 5 months.
Assuming you don’t work together you’ve been apart for over 97,262 hours which is about 11 years, and 1 month.
You would have by now shared about 36,600 meals together which equates to approximately 2 years, and 5 months of continuous eating!
Next year, being the 47th Wedding Anniversary there is no traditional gift theme assigned as the appropriate gift theme. The Modern gift list suggests Books as the theme. The Gemstone Anniversary List offers no gift theme. Also there are no appropriate flowers assigned for the year.
Last year, the 45th Wedding Anniversary Sapphire is the traditional gift theme assigned as the appropriate gift theme. The Modern gift list also suggests Sapphire as the theme. The Gemstone Anniversary List offers Alexandrite as the gift theme. There are no flowers assigned for this year.