If you’re looking for some creative ways to make a romantic anniversary extra special, look no further. In fact, there are plenty of things you can do on you & your partner’s big day that will be appreciated more than anything else in the world.
Table of contents
- 1. Prioritize.
- 2. Go on a date.
- 3. Pick out a romantic anniversary gift.
- 4. Just say, ‘I love you.’
- 5. Give each other some space.
- 6. Indulge your senses.
- 7. Write each other a note or letter that explains how you feel about your relationship, and what makes your partner so special to you.
- 8. Don’t forget to make it last all year long!
- Anniversaries are important to celebrate and enjoy, no matter how many years you’ve been together
- Final Thoughts
The first thing you should do is make time for each other. To do this, you and your partner will have to sit down together and talk about what you like to do as a couple, how often and when the two of you would like to schedule these activities in your life and how they fit in with other priorities (i.e., work).
This doesn’t mean that all your plans need to be together—maybe it’s more important for one of you to be home at night with the kids than it is for the two of them go out on an anniversary date; however, if either one of them feels like their needs aren’t being met, resentment could form between the two partners over time. If this happens frequently enough over the course of several years or decades then problems might arise later down the line due to a lack of understanding, communication and connection.
Our solution (after 35 years) has been to alternate arranging anniversary celebrations with the exception of the major ones where we’ve both got involved and arranged it together.
2. Go on a date.
For some, the thought of celebrating an anniversary is all too familiar. You’ve been married for years and have already celebrated every major holiday in your marriage. But it doesn’t have to be that way!
Think about what you did for your first few anniversaries together and bring those ideas into play this year – whether it’s going out to dinner or cooking at home with candles lit throughout the house, no matter how small or large your budget is there are ways for you both to enjoy yourselves on this special day.
Your anniversary could be as simple as an evening stroll through your favorite park or as extravagant as a weekend getaway in another city; whatever suits you best will make your spouse feel special without breaking the bank (or breaking any rules).
3. Pick out a romantic anniversary gift.
You might be thinking, “I’m not sure what to get! I just want to make her super happy.” But you don’t have to. In fact, the simpler and more meaningful your gift is, the better. After all, you know her better than anyone else—you already have an idea of what will make her happy.
To keep things simple:
- Don’t buy something expensive; it doesn’t need to be (and shouldn’t be). If money’s tight for either of you right now (and who isn’t?), this is a great way to show how much you care without breaking the bank.
- Don’t buy something that she would like but wouldn’t get for herself (for example: a new car). You want it to feel special—like it was made just for them and no one else!
- Avoid giving something too personal or impersonal at first sight (such as lingerie or jewelry). This one can depend on your relationship with each other; ask yourself if/when would be appropriate before making any decisions about gifts like these in advance of your anniversary date itself.”
We’ve many anniversary gifts here on our web site, many often based on the gift theme for the year you are celebrating
4. Just say, ‘I love you.’
In today’s busy world, sometimes it’s easy to get lost in the daily grind. We’re always on the go, so you might not always find time to say “I love you” as often as you would like.
But the truth is that saying “I love you” every day matters a lot more than most people realize. It helps keep your relationship strong and healthy by reminding each other how much love there is between both of you. It also helps remind each other that this is an important part of your relationship—one that needs nurturing at every opportunity!
The next time someone asks how they can show their partner they care about them more than anything else in this world: tell them that all they need do is say those three words with meaning behind them (and then maybe throw some flowers into the mix.)
5. Give each other some space.
One of the most important ways to keep your relationship healthy is by spending quality time apart. Spending time apart allows you to maintain your personal interests and hobbies, spend quality time with friends and family, work on yourself, or even spend quality time doing things together.
When we spend too much time together it can get boring, so it’s important that couples learn how to separate themselves every now and then. This will help them feel more connected because they’ll have each other’s best interests in mind when spending some time apart.
6. Indulge your senses.
Stimulating your senses in the right way can make for a great romantic anniversary.
- You can use Scented candles and scented oils to set a romantic mood.
- Scented soaps and lotions are great for creating your own spa experience.
- Perfumes are available in many scents, including fruity, flowery, and musky.
7. Write each other a note or letter that explains how you feel about your relationship, and what makes your partner so special to you.
If you’re looking for a way to make your anniversary memorable, consider writing each other a letter. A letter is an old-fashioned way of expressing feelings that many people appreciate. It’s also a great opportunity to think about what makes your partner so special, and how they’ve made you feel over the years.
Include any qualities or traits that stand out—whether it’s something broad (like “you’re always there when I need you”) or specific (“you never forget our anniversary”). If this is particularly challenging for you, try listing things in bullet points: they’re easier to read than paragraphs of text!
8. Don’t forget to make it last all year long!
It’s easy to get caught up in the moment, but don’t let a romantic anniversary become the only time you take a pause to enjoy each other.
It’s too easy for romance to fizzle out over time—but it doesn’t have to. The best way to keep your relationship fresh is by celebrating special days throughout the year just like this one.
Even if every day isn’t Valentine’s Day or a wedding anniversary, there are lots of ways you can show your love: send him flowers at work or bring home his favorite dessert from his favorite restaurant in celebration of his birthday; surprise her with tickets for concert tickets or a spa day on her birthday; go out for dinner and movie night every Friday night (or something else fun).
Anniversaries are important to celebrate and enjoy, no matter how many years you’ve been together
You can have a lot of fun celebrating anniversaries. You can do something that is special to you both, or maybe just do something together. Whatever you do, it’s important to remember that anniversaries are a great way to celebrate your relationship and reflect on how far you’ve come together as well. They’re also an opportunity to rekindle the romance—which is always good!
And there you have it! Hopefully, these tips will help you plan a romantic anniversary to remember. If you follow them all, we can almost guarantee that your partner will feel loved and appreciated on this day of celebration—and every day after that.