The 5th wedding anniversary is something really big to celebrate. It marks the first milestone of your marriage and sets you both up for the second half of a decade as husband and wife. The traditional gift theme for a 5th anniversary is wood. For a modern anniversary, the theme is silverware. The gemstone associated with the 5th anniversary is turquoise. And the flowers associated with this milestone are daisies. With all of these options, it may seem like finding the right gift is harder than ever. But don’t worry—we’ll help you. Read on for the best 5th wedding anniversary gift ideas.
Table of contents
- Traditional Wedding Anniversary Gift List
- Modern Wedding Anniversary Gift List
- Gemstone Wedding Anniversary Gift List
- Appropriate Flower Wedding Anniversary theme list
- 5-year Wedding Anniversary Gifts for your Wife
- 5-year Wedding Anniversary Gifts for your Husband
- Fifth Wedding Anniversary Gifts for a Couple
- What’s Next
- The 5 year Anniversary Facts and Figures
Traditional Wedding Anniversary Gift List
The traditional gift for a 5th anniversary is wood.
While this may seem like a strange gift at first, there are actually a lot of thoughtful and unique wood-themed gifts out there.
Using Wood as a Gift theme
You could give your spouse a hand-carved wooden picture frame or an engraved cutting board. If you’re feeling extra creative, you could even make them a piece of wooden furniture!
Another great traditional 5th anniversary gift idea is a bamboo product, which is also classed as wood. Bamboo is one of the fastest-growing plants in the world, which makes it a symbol of strength and growth— two things that are essential to any marriage. Plus, bamboo products are environmentally friendly and stylish, which makes them a win-win! Popular bamboo gifts include bath mats, jewelry boxes, and serving platters.
Gift Ideas based on Wood
- A handcrafted wooden jewelry box – this jewelry box you can personalize with a special message from you to your loved one. Fill it with their favorite piece of jewelry to make it an extra special gift.
- A carved wooden frame – this beautiful frame is ideal to display a special photo from your wedding day or any other significant moment in your relationship.
- A custom wooden cutting board – this unique cutting board engraved with your names, initials, or a special message is ideal. It’s both functional and beautiful, and it will make meal prep that much more enjoyable.
- Wooden cufflinks – these cufflinks make a great gift for him and can wear them on any occasion, whether it’s for work or a special night out.
- A wooden watch – this classic and timeless watch makes a great gift for anyone who loves fashion and function.
- Personalized Wooden Picture Frames
- Popular bamboo gifts include bath mats, jewelry boxes, and serving platters.
What is the Symbol for 5 years of marriage?
The symbol for the 5th wedding anniversary is actually based on the traditional gift theme. In this instance, Wood so it is often referred to as the Wooden Wedding or Wooden Anniversary.
Modern Wedding Anniversary Gift List
The modern gift theme for the 5th anniversary of your wedding is silverware. As wood is strong and versatile, silver is the same. It’s beautiful, use it to craft in different ways from kitchenware to jewelry and makes for the ideal gift for your 5th anniversary. There are so many different items that you could buy and it all depends on your preferences. Whether you buy something made from silver to use daily or store it away for special occasions, you’ll never forget why and when you got it. Maybe it will be something small for a keepsake on your person so you always have something to remind you of your partner while your marriage enters the next chapter.
Using Silverware as a Gift theme
Silverware is a great gift for your fifth wedding anniversary. It’s versatile, use it for anything from dinner parties to picnics. There are many different styles and designs, so you’re sure to find something that fits your needs.
For special occasions or everyday use, silverware makes a great gift for your partner. You could keep a small token of their love on your person, so you always have something to remind you of them while your marriage enters the next chapter.
Silverware is an excellent way to show off your love for each other in an elegant way. Whether you need something for special occasions or daily use, there are plenty of options available to choose from.
Gift Ideas based on Silverware
- A set of high-quality steak knives – these knives will make dinner time feel like a five-star restaurant experience. Whether your loved one is cooking for two or hosting a large dinner party, they’ll be able to handle anything with ease thanks to these knives.
- Silverware Set – If you want to give your spouse something practical that they will use every day, go with a new silverware set! This doesn’t have to be super expensive–just pick out a nice-looking set that goes well with your existing decor (or their taste). Who knows, maybe they’ll even let you use it too ;).
- Silver Photo Frame – If you want to get them something sentimental, why not put together a collage of photos framed in silver? You could do baby pictures, wedding photos, or even just goofy snaps from over the years–anything that brings back good memories!
- Silver Charm Bracelet – If your spouse loves jewelry, consider getting them a charm bracelet where each charm corresponds to a different shared memory between the two of you (e.g., the Eiffel Tower for your honeymoon in Paris).
- Box of Silver Chocolates – For something sweet (literally), get them a box of silver-wrapped chocolates! You could even buy little foil cups and make your own at home if you want to save some money.
- Silver plated reusable straw – These are a great idea to match in with an eco theme.
Every 5th year wedding anniversary has gemstones associated with them, what better way to buy your wife or husband something special. Perhaps a sculpture or jewelry. Maybe something that has the gemstones that are relevant to the celebration. The gemstones that represent the 5th year anniversary of your wedding include turquoise and sapphire. These are beautiful gemstones that really look special and are fantastic. As you’ve approach the milestone of the 5th wedding anniversary, you could really splash out and buy something to remember this day forever. As gemstones are a symbol of strength and unity, it’s the same with your love for each other, and that’s why they are the perfect 5th wedding anniversary gift.
Turquoise is a naturally occurring gemstone that is also imitated in a synthetic form. Its striking color makes it a popular choice for replication in a wide range of gift products.
Turquoise is found around the world and is especially popular in the southwestern United States, Pakistan and China. The best turquoise comes from Iran and New Mexico.
The birthstone for December, turquoise symbolizes happiness, health and hope. It has been used as a talismanic stone since ancient times and was thought to protect against bad luck and evil spirits by Native Americans.
Using Turquoise as a Gift theme
The natural turquoise comes from the mineral chalcedony, which is formed when copper and aluminum mix with quartz. The stone has been prized throughout history as an ornamental material, but its popularity really took off during the Victorian era.
Today, turquoise is still used in jewelry, but it’s also found in many other items such as vases, bowls and more. You can dye the stone any color but remains blue when cut into cabochons or flat slabs. In fact, its name comes from the French word “turquois” which means Turkish as this was where the first European explorers found it being used for decoration on buildings such as mosques and tombs.
Gift Ideas based on Turquoise
- A turquoise pendant – this beautiful piece of will make dinner time feel like a five-star restaurant experience. Whether your loved one is cooking for two or hosting a large dinner party, they’ll be able to handle anything with ease thanks to these knives.
- Turquoise earrings – these earrings are the perfect accessory for any outfit, whether it’s casual or dressy. They add just the right amount of color and style.
- A turquoise bracelet – this bracelet is perfect for dressing up or dressing down an outfit. You can wear it every day as a reminder of your love.
- A turquoise ring – this statement ring will add a pop of color to any outfit and is sure to turn heads when worn.
- A turquoise necklace – this necklace is the perfect way to show your loved one how much you care. It’s both stylish and meaningful
Sapphire characteristics include durability and clarity, this makes it a popular choice for anniversary rings. There are many ways to incorporate sapphires into your jewelry collection — including earrings, bracelets, rings and necklaces.
Using Sapphire as a Gift theme
If you’re looking for a gift that will bring your loved one joy and happiness, sapphire is the perfect choice. They are a symbol of love and loyalty, making them the perfect stone to give during the 5th wedding anniversary.
Gift Ideas based on Sapphire
Sapphire Necklace – A sapphire necklace makes for a lovely 5th anniversary gift. A sterling silver or white gold necklace is ideal, as these metals go well with the blue color of sapphires. If you want to give your wife or girlfriend a sapphire ring, look for one that has an infinity design or an open heart design, as these designs symbolize how much love you have for her.
Sapphire Earrings – A pair of earrings is another great gift idea if you’re looking to buy something that isn’t too expensive but still looks beautiful on its own. You can either buy studs or dangling earrings in different shapes such as teardrops and ovals.
Sapphire Bracelet – If you want to go all out with a nice piece of jewelry, consider getting your loved one a bracelet of silver or white gold that has a beautiful pattern etched into it and then set with small blue stones in between each
Sapphire Ring – A sapphire ring is an obvious choice for this occasion, especially if your loved one has other jewelry that features these lovely stones. You can find them styled as anniversary rings and many more designs!
Appropriate Flower Wedding Anniversary theme list
As with all the early wedding anniversary years, there are flowers that are associated with the occasion and for the 5th year anniversary these are daisies. Daisies are part of the sunflower family and always bring light, life and happiness to the receiver. As your loved one will be overjoyed with having a bunch of daisies, it’s the ideal present to give for your 5-year anniversary.
The daisy is a flower that has been associated with weddings for many years. This is because it symbolizes innocence and purity, which are two very important qualities in a marriage. The daisy is also very romantic, so it’s the perfect flower to give on your anniversary.
Daisies are part of the sunflower family and always bring light, life and happiness to the receiver. As your loved one will be overjoyed with having a bunch of daisies, it’s the ideal present to give for your 5-year anniversary.
Using Daisies as a Gift theme
Daisies are simple, but they’re also elegant, making them perfect for any occasion. Use them as a centerpiece or simply placed on a table as part of the decorating scheme. They look lovely when you arrange them in vases or buckets with other flowers.
Daisies are available in many different colors including white, yellow and pink as well as orange and purple varieties that have darker petals than the other types mentioned above. This makes them great for all kinds of occasions, including birthdays and anniversaries.
Gift Ideas based on Daisies
- Fresh Bouquet incorporating daisies
- Daisies scented candles
- Reed Diffusers with a Daisy scent.
5-year Wedding Anniversary Gifts for your Wife
What to get your wife on our 5th wedding anniversary? The traditional gift theme for a 5th anniversary is wood. For a modern anniversary, the theme is silverware. The gemstone associated with the 5th anniversary is turquoise. And the flowers associated with this milestone are daisies.
The traditional gift theme for a 5th wedding anniversary is wood. It’s a great way to celebrate your love and commitment over time. You can give her something made out of real wood like a jewelry box, or maybe even a piece of furniture like an entertainment center or coffee table. If you have some extra cash lying around, you could also buy her an antique wooden piece that she’ll love displaying in her home.
A set of silverware would make an excellent 5th wedding anniversary gift for your wife if she loves cooking! Present her a nice set of knives or maybe even steak knives if she loves to cook meat dishes at home. You can also get her some unique serving spoons if you want to go beyond the typical dinnerware sets offered by most stores today.
5-year Wedding Anniversary Gifts for your Husband
The traditional gifts for a 5th wedding anniversary have a wood theme, perhaps your husband may like something like a wooden sculpture or a wooden watch. If he loves gardening or hiking, then you could get him a pair of sturdy boots or hiking shoes. If he’s into sports, then you could get him a basketball hoop or a football set for his backyard. You can also get him some design magazines so that he can learn how to make things out of wood himself!
If you want something more modern, then opt for silverware instead. You could get him a set of knives or maybe even an entire cutlery set! If he loves cooking and baking, then this would be perfect gift for him!
Another option is turquoise jewelry like bracelets, earrings or rings. You could also get him some clothes in a turquoise color if you want something more personal than just jewelry!
Fifth Wedding Anniversary Gifts for a Couple
Wood is the traditional gift theme for the 5th wedding anniversary. A couple celebrating their 5th anniversary has likely been through a lot together and wood symbolizes the strength of their relationship. With that in mind, a great gift idea would be something made of wood or related to woodworking. Maybe you could buy them a nice wooden jewellery box or a set of hand-carved wooden bowls. For the more adventurous couples, why not go big and buy them a pieces of wooden furniture like a coffee table or sideboard?
Silverware is also another classic gift for couples and can be used for many different things. From kitchenware to trophies and more, it’s a versatile gift that everyone will cherish for years to come.
Next year, being the 6th Wedding Anniversary the traditional gift theme list suggests Candy as the appropriate gift theme. The Modern gift list suggests Wood as the theme. The Gemstone Anniversary List offers Garnet and Amethyst as the gift themes with the appropriate flowers being Calla Lilies.
Last year, the 4th Anniversary the traditional gift theme list was Fruit and Flowers or Books. The Modern gift was Electrical Appliances. The Gemstone Anniversary List showed Amethyst and Topaz as the gift themes with the appropriate flowers being Geraniums.
The 5 year Anniversary Facts and Figures
On the 5th anniversary of your marriage you would have been married for
- 1,825 days or
- 43,800 hours or
- 2,682,000 minutes which is over
- 157 million seconds!
During this time you would have shared, on average, about 13,700 hours of snuggle time (sleeping!) or about 1 year 7 months; assuming you don’t work together you’ve been apart for over 10,000 hours which is about one year, two months.
You would have by now shared about 4,000 meals together which equates to approximately 95 days of continuous eating!.
There are a few reasons to celebrate your 5th wedding anniversary, obviously reaching the first milestone of your big day, but also to look forward to the next five years. You’re halfway to being married for ten years and that is something really special. As such, you could buy some fantastic gifts to mark this special occasion and have keepsakes that will last a lifetime.